The goal of this project is to deliver a payments processing solution to a Major Financial Services Organisation in the UK. This project has been running for two years and has a mature approach to test automation. There are currently two streams of work.
- Supporting the current build through integration testing and into production
- New project enabling more types of payments to be made in a couple of seconds rather than a couple of days.
- (Mandatory) Experience of designing effective automated tests
- (Mandatory) Experience of testing a system without using a UI
- (Mandatory) SQL skills (writing effective queries for validations)
- (Mandatory) XML/XPATH skills (writing XPATH queries for validations)
- (Mandatory) Excellent problem solving skills
- (Optional/”Nice to have”) Basic programming skills (any language)
- (Optional) BizTalk experience
- (Optional) Experience of testing webservices
- (Optional) Experience in a system administrator or operations role
The role is for a technical tester to design and write tests and validations for the Payments Platform solution. This person will begin by running regression tests, but as time goes on will be expected to take responsibility for testing significant portions of the solution.
This is an extremely complicated system to learn and has a large number of different specifications. The candidate will need excellent analytical skills and have a strong engineering approach.
They should be thorough, detail oriented and a good technical understanding the underlying technology.
They will work within a flexible, high performing team and will need very good communication skills.
- Intially a two month contract
- Ideal start date: 06th June 2011
- Rate £350 per day