Outline Job Brief
This is a hands-on role, implementing web-based projects for external clients with a primary focus around Silverlight development and implementation. Other technologies are used, and a wide ranging skill set will be an advantage.
General description and duties
• You will report to the Development Manager but will often be working in teams reporting to other project managers.
• Expected to complete assigned tasks within a timely manner & to a high standard.
• You will be expected to work on multiple projects at any one time.
• You will be expected to provide accurate timings for technical solutions.
• The team works in a collaborative manner with all team members expected to support one-another and to share advice and knowledge.
• You will not have direct responsibility for managing a budget. However, you will need to be aware of the financial constraints imposed on projects, and help to deliver projects within budget.
• This is not a client-facing role; however, you may be required to liaise with clients to discuss requirements and technical implementation details.
This list is not an exhaustive list and you may be asked to undertake ad-hoc projects or additional tasks as reasonably requested by your manager.
Experience and credentials
• The candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience of developing Silverlight solutions, preferably within a digital agency environment and be able to match as many of the below criteria as possible.
• An excellent knowledge of emerging technologies, trends and mark-up languages & frameworks
• Experience and knowledge of implementing/integrating the following:
o Developing both public facing internet sites and intranet sites
o Silverlight 4
o .Net (C#) framework 4.0
o Visual Studio TFS
o SQL Server 2008
o Prism (MVVM) & MEF
o WCF/RIA services
o A variety of social network API’s such as Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, blogs, etc…
o Coding best practice across all work delivered
o Ability to create bespoke coding architecture and tech solutions
• Effective communication skills
• To always maintain a calm, professional demeanour and objectivity, even in the face of extreme pressure and stress.
• Hold a degree in Computer Science or an IT-related discipline
• Be comfortable with working in a team
• Enjoy working in an informal, creative environment
• Have great attention to detail
• Demonstrates a passion for developing and working with the latest Microsoft technologies